Welcome to MiiU ("me:you")
MiiU is the resilient community wiki. A resilient community is a place that produces most of what it needs locally and connects virtually for everything else. That means it is nearly immune to many of the negative effects of disasters and global breakdowns.
MiiU is a collection of all the resources and places that make personal, family, and community resilience possible. Resilience isn't only about surviving global failures, it's about building a better life for you and everyone around you.
Please email Shlok at MiiU.org if you would like to contribute. Thanks!
|Resilient Places, Things, and Skills|
The Resilient Home and the Resilient Community
A Resilient Home or a Resilient Community is a place that locally produces most of what it uses/consumes – from food to energy to water to products. They are not just places to sleep, eat, and watch TV.
Resilient communities and personal resilience are going to be critical as we head into an era of global economic turmoil, shortages, and political failure. Adding resilience to your life, your home and your community will be your ticket to a safe, prosperous, and fulfilling life for you and your family.
Here's how to start –
- If you want to focus on things – products, plants, devices, tools, supplies – build a page for each one of them. Take a couple of pictures of it. Or take a video of it (we're working on an easy way to do this). Add a description. If it is a DIY (Do It Yourself) tool, describe how it is made.
- If you want to focus on places, document your town or neighborhood. Take a picture of each house, business, and public building. Build a page and add an address for each place. Add GPS coordinates to each page if you have the capability.
- If you want to focus on skills, document how you can learn the skills needed to be resilient, whether in your community or online. Build a page and add an address (plus GPS coordinates if you can) or a URL for each source.
It's simple. Pick one of the categories below to add a page – or explore ways to help on the MiiU Site Launch To Do List.
- for Resilient Individuals & Families
- for Resilient Ventures
- for Resilient Neighborhoods & Communities
- for Resilient States/Provinces
- for Resilient Countries
- for a Resilient World
- Cross-Cutting Things (of value at all levels)
- Resilient Places (by Country)
To share ideas for improving the MiiU wiki, click the Discussion tab for this page and add your thoughts.
Join our community!